We’re excited to announce the pools at Herons Leisure Centre, Kingsmead Leisure Centre (excluding the Beach Pool) and Whitstable Pool will be opening Thursday 17th September for adult lane swimming and family swim sessions! Swim Academy will follow shortly after and will start back on Monday 21st September, for more information regarding Swim Academy, please click here.
We can confirm the procedures we have put in place will ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
Key reminders for booking:
- For pay and play users, all sessions must be pre-booked and paid for online or via the Active Life app. Subscription members also need to pre-book online or via the app, complying with the Government’s test and trace service. This ensures that the centre has no more than the permitted number of users and you have plenty of personal space.
- The booking system is currently live, you must pre-book your session either via the app or our website here.
- When booking for swimming select your preferred session time, please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your session as you will not be allowed access. If you arrive late, you will be refused entry. Please ensure that you bring your membership card.
- Your booked session is for 50 minutes.
- Some showers, changing rooms and lockers will be available, however to help us manage the safety of our staff and other pool users, please help us to keep these clean and reduce the amount of time you need to use these for wherever possible, i.e. arriving with your costume on under your clothes and showering at home after your swim.
- Please exit the pool immediately after your session time ends and follow the directional signage to the showers, changing facilities and exit.
- We will be utilising ‘double’ lanes. You will need to use which lane (slow, medium, fast) is most appropriate for your ability, based on users already in the pool.
- Use the steps to enter the pool, ensuring social distancing.
- Swim responsibly, maintaining social distancing at all times, follow the correct directions (clockwise within your lane).
- If you need to rest, move to the side of the pool to allow other swimmers to pass.
- Avoid overtaking while swimming. Consider changing lanes during the session if this is not an appropriate lane.
- Our Swimming Pool Admission policy applies; all children under 4 years must be supervised by an adult (aged 16+) on a 1 to 1 basis. Children aged 4-7 years must be supervised by one adult to a maximum of 2 children. If this minimum supervision is not adhered to, we will not be able to allow entry to the session.
- We have reduced our capacity to give you plenty of space to enjoy your swim. While you can swim without social distancing within your family/ household, you will need to respect other pool users and families and ensure social distancing is maintained from other groups.
- Equipment will not be available for shared use, please bring your own suitable equipment where needed including goggles, arm bands, hand floats and noodles.
We can’t wait to welcome you back at the centre soon!
Team Active Life