Booking Your Sessions
Book on the go. We have now launched our new android and apple Smartphone app, so you always have your fitness facility in your pocket and can easily and conveniently book and pay on the go! You can still book and pay for classes and sports hall sessions in advance by phone and online or at your local centre. Advanced booking is available for sports hall and studio sessions.
Members: To use the Smartphone app, you will need to download it to your apple or android mobile device using the links below.
Non-Members: Although booking facilities are not currently available to non-members, the app has useful information for everybody
Members: To book online, you will need to have your membership number and your PIN code handy. Log in details are available at your centre.
Non-Members: Online booking is not currently available to non-members.
Members: You can book your favourite class or activity up to 7 days in advance either online, in person at a centre or by telephone.
Non-Members: You can book a class or activity 24 hours in advance. Payment is required at the time of booking.
Centre Telephone Numbers
Kingsmead Leisure Centre – 01227 769818
Herons Leisure Centre – 01227 742102
Whitstable Swimming Pool – 01227 772442
Whitstable Sports Centre – 01227 274394
The Bay Sports Arena – 01227 366921
Renaissance Gentle Gym – 01227 479476
Booking is strongly advised for all fitness classes. Not only will this ensure your place in the class, but also if a class is cancelled we will be able to inform you at the earliest opportunity using your booking contact details. If a booking needs to be cancelled this can be done via the app or your online booking account, over the telephone or in person at reception. You must give a minimum of 4 hours to avoid a charge. Details of charges are listed below.
Late Cancellation Charges
- All fitness classes can be booked online or by telephone and can be made 7 days in advance of the class.
- Booking is strongly advised for all fitness classes. Not only will this ensure your place in the class, but also if a class is cancelled we will be able to inform you at the earliest opportunity.
- If a booking needs to be cancelled you must give adequate notice to avoid a charge.
- Cancellations within 4 hours of the class start time will incur a charge of £2.50 per class cancelled.
- Cancellations more than 4 hours before the class start time are free of charge.
- Unattended classes (no show) will incur a charge of £5.00 per class cancelled.
- Cancellations within 4 hours of the class start time results in the booker losing the fee paid upfront.
- Cancellations more than 4 hours before the class start time results in the booker being able to carry the paid fee over to the following week.
- On occasion it may be necessary for a class to be cancelled or for the class instructor to be changed, Active Life reserves the right to do this at anytime. Where possible advance notice will be given to those members who have booked the affected class, however this may not always be possible.
- If you are new to the class please arrive before the warm-up commences, allowing appropriate time to discuss with the
instructor your suitability for the class.
- Participants will not be allowed in the fitness studios once the warm-up has commenced. Please ensure you have read the full studio guidelines, which are located in each studio.
PLEASE NOTE: any charge allocated will immediately affect access to booking/centre access so prompt payment is advised. This can be done either at reception or by phoning the centre. Or if you have an online account, you can pay the charge via the online booking portal on our website.