Start your career as a Swimming Teacher with a Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) Qualification.
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as an assistant swimming teacher. It will enable you to actively support a qualified swimming teacher in the delivery of a planned learn to swim session.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone interested in starting a career in teaching swimming or wants to assist a swimming teacher. You don’t need to have any prior experience of teaching swimming.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least two 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component parts of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communications skills
- How to identify anxiety and use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide
Course at Kingsmead Leisure Centre, Canterbury, CT2 7PH
Course dates: 9th – 12th April 2019 (4 days)
Book your place at www.swimming.org.
Closing date for applications: 26th March 2019.
Please note, you must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Please email email@example.com or call 01227 812486 for more information.