Grow your career with a Swim England Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualification.
This course develops your knowledge, skills and abilities as swimming teacher. It builds on the Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification and gives you the skills to independently plan and deliver swimming lessons.
Who is the course designed for?
Anyone who has a Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification who wants to become a Swimming Teacher.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical poolside learning. You will participate in at least six 30-minute swimming lessons to gain hands on practical experience.
You will learn about:
- The responsibilities and role of a swimming teacher
- How the scientific principles of swimming impact on development
- How to develop core aquatic skills and the four strokes
- How to identify and correct common swimming faults
- How to use a variety of teaching techniques and equipment to suit different needs
- How to plan and deliver inclusive lessons for different levels of ability, including adaptations for swimmers with special educational needs and disabilities
- Key teaching and management skills including class management and assessment, organisational skills, behaviour management, communication skills and teaching methods
- National curriculum swimming lessons and how they differ from learn to swim lessons
Course at Kingsmead Leisure Centre, Canterbury, CT2 7PH
Course dates: 20th – 26th July 2019
Book your place at www.swimming.org.
Closing date for applications: 6th July 2019.
Please note, you must be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01227 812486 for more information.